Grandma's meatloaf. In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. Sneak some vegetables into the loaf.
Grandma's Old-Fashioned Meatloaf (Clare Barboza/Bonnie Matthews) This is our best recipe for grandma's old-fashioned meatloaf. It features lean ground beef, onions, oregano, parsley, and more. Combine oats, salt, pepper, and sage in a medium bowl. You can have Grandma's meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's meatloaf
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of finely crushed saltine crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rubbed sage.
- Prepare dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Add milk, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and onion, and stir until well blended. Growing up I HATED my mother's meatloaf. Those big nasty chunks of onions and peppers in it were the worst thing ever. I'm surprised my face didn't permanently stay in the "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!" squinched up face that I made more often than not.
Grandma's meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat eggs..
- Next add milk, saltine crackers, salt, pepper, sage and onions to the eggs..
- Next crumble ground beef into the bowl and mix everything together. Place it in a 8×4 oval ungreased pan. And form it into a loaf shape..
- Combine remaining ingredients. Place 3/4 cup of it on the meatloaf..
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 mins. Take out of oven and let sit for 10 min. Serve with remaining sauce..
However… (because there's always a however), I really liked my Grandma's meatloaf. Grandma D's old fashioned homemade meatloaf recipe came straight from my grandmother's cookbook. My mother gave me her old cookbook full of her favorite recipes she used long ago. Although Grandma Dressel (aka Grandma D) may be gone and never got to meet my children, they can still enjoy a small part of her by eating the same foods and. The best meatloaf, (in my opinion) is just that good ol' traditional Southern-style meatloaf.