meatloaf,(feb 2010 southern living). The best part is… it's so easy to make! This old-fashioned meatloaf is baked with a topping of ketchup or barbecue sauce. Crushed saltines, onion, and bell pepper are among the ingredients.
So one meatloaf pan is all I need. True, it is not as healthy but. There is no denying it—meatloaf is everyone's favorite family dinner. You can cook meatloaf,(feb 2010 southern living) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of meatloaf,(feb 2010 southern living)
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork sausage.
- You need 18 of saltine crackers,crushed.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper,diced.
- It’s 1/2 of onion,finely chopped.
- You need 2 large of eggs,lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar,divided.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
Just one taste of this dish will certainly bring you back to your good old' childhood days. And of course, you would want others to have a taste of this meal that has a special place in your heart, right? Southern style meatloaf, made with ground chuck, onion and sweet bell pepper and finished with a brown sugar ketchup glaze. Y'all know how I feel about labeling recipes or methods of cooking as "real" or "true" southern.
meatloaf,(feb 2010 southern living) step by step
- preheat oven 350°F..
- combine first 8 ingredients and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium bowl just until blended..
- place mixture in a lightly greased 11×7 inch baking dish,and shape mixture into a 10 x5 inch loaf..
- bake at 350°F for 1 hour,remove from oven,and drain..
- stir together ketchup and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar,pour over meatloaf..
- bake 15 more minutes or until meat thermo reads 160°F..
- remove from oven,let stand 20 minutes..
- remove from baking dish before slicing..
I say it all the time, and I will continue to repeat it as. Great neighborhood event with tons of fun, music and food. This easy vegan meatloaf recipe is sure to be the fastest meatloaf you've ever made! Recipe courtesy of Jack Collucci and Rocco Collucci. American Meatloaf Beef Main Dish Sauteing Recipes.