Old fashioned meatloaf!!. This Southern meatloaf recipe features Creole and Greek seasonings and a hint of garlic. A few tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce spice up the traditional ketchup topping. This classic meatloaf recipe will be a family favorite for years to come.
The trick is to put everything in the bowl before adding in the ground beef and let it soak up all the liquid. Then add in your meat and mix it gently so your meatloaf will stay tender. This old-fashioned meatloaf is baked with a topping of ketchup or barbecue sauce. You can cook Old fashioned meatloaf!! using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned meatloaf!!
- It’s 3 lb of Hamburger meat.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 of Packs of Crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 1 dash of Sage.
- Prepare 1 dash of Of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of Peper.
- Prepare 1 dash of Ground cinnamin.
- It’s 1 of Taco seasoning.
It's hard a resist a good meatloaf, especially on a cold day. Be the first to rate & review! This classic comfort food recipe is one you'll want to add to your recipe box. Creole and Greek seasonings pack the meatloaf with flavor that the whole family will enjoy.
Old fashioned meatloaf!! step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Soak crackers in milk..set to the side….
- Prepare your hambuger meat..add seasonings…chopped onion and green peppers….
- Add your taco seasonings, parmesan cheese, and ketchup, and mix well.
- Combine meat mixture and crackers and mix well…add ketchup and mix well again…use your hands it may be nasty but soap will take it all off!.
- Put in a baking dish and place in oven for about an hour…check as the hour approaches…if more time is needed allow…
- When done put a little more ketchup on top and bake five more mintues…add cheese if you want to as well….
- Let cool for about five mins or so…then serve.
Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. To be sure the meatloaf is done, insert an instant-read meat thermometer into the center of the loaf. When hearing 'Meatloaf' may not think 'Healthy' but when done the old fashioned way it can be a healthy staple for your family. Shape the mixture into a loaf form, smooth out any cracks that's in it, and make sure it's not too high, but high enough so that it looks like a meatloaf. Pour over the meat mixture in the pan.