Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. And salted caramel is one of the easiest recipes. This salted caramel is liquid gold. Stir continuously until sugar begins to melt.
Now, use a spoon to gently stir the sugar into the water and corn syrup, just moistening the sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until sugar is dissolved. If granules of sugar become stuck to sides of saucepan, use wet pastry brush to brush granules down towards syrup. You can cook Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 4 of very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Salted Caramel Baking Chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Baking Chips.
Heat over medium-low heat until little bubbles form on the side. The salted caramel possibilities are truly endless, especially when you have a no-fail, go-to homemade salted caramel sauce recipe. I've found the simplest method to be the best when making a caramel sauce. How to Make Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce To get started, you'll need a medium to large sized saucepan.
Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 400° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray..
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter..
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs with a fork. Mix in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extra until well combined. Add in the butter and mix well. I used a hand mixer at this point to get the mixture smooth. Set this aside once smooth..
- In another bowl peel and mash your bananas really well. Then mix the mashed bananas in with your wet ingredients..
- Poor 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet, and using a spatula gently fold until combined. Repeat two more times until all the dry is combined with the wet. Then add the baking chips. Do not over mix the batter. You want the ingredients to all just come together..
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake at 400° for 1 hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife in the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different..
- Remove from oven and let cool in baking dish for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack..
Be sure there's plenty of room, because things will bubble up quite a bit and you don't want it to overflow. Combine the sugar and water in your saucepan and cook over medium low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring as needed. To make the Caramel sauce for The Best Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting you will need Brown Sugar, Milk and Butter. In heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over a low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted.