Mama’s cornbread dressing. Crumbled cornbread, chopped hard-boiled eggs, onion, garlic, sage and celery are in this stuffing or dressing. Mama's Cornbread Dressing – Cowboy Kent Rollins. My Mama made the best cornbread dressing, but I never wrote down the recipe.
I don't know why Mama only made it, then! I've broken that tradition by making it anytime I get hungry for it. However, when it's stuffed inside of the turkey, it's even better! You can have Mama’s cornbread dressing using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mama’s cornbread dressing
- It’s 1 1/2 of pans of cornbread.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 11/2 Tablespoons of sage.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 cups of or more pan drippings from fully cooked poultry (chicken, turkey,duck) or chicken broth enough so that cornbread is saturated.
- You need 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of poultry season.
- You need 1 stick of melted butter.
View photos and entire recipe article HERE. Crumble cornbread into pieces uniform in size with the herb stuffing. Add cornbread and stuffing to a large bowl; set aside. Down here we make our dressing with cornbread.
Mama’s cornbread dressing instructions
- Break up cornbread in large bowl add dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour dressing into greased oven safe dish and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Tester should come out clean..
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes. Serve warm.
Bring chicken stock and Lipton onion soup mix to a boil. Put the cornbread dressing into a large bowl. Mammy's Cornbread Dressing recipe: This is a Louisiana Style Cornbread Dressing. Mix crumbled cornbread, bread, rice, pecans, chopped apple, cooked sausage, and seasonings in a large bowl. Combine cornbread, toasted bread and crackers in mixing bowl.