Half and Half Dressing/Stuffing.
You can cook Half and Half Dressing/Stuffing using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Half and Half Dressing/Stuffing
- It’s 1 of large loaf Italian bread – cut to 1" cubes and dried in oven.
- Prepare 1/2 of a 9×13"pan of cornbread – cut to 1" cubes, toasted in oven.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 4 of large ribs celery – chopped to just over 1/4" pieces.
- It’s 2 of medium onions – chopped to just over 1/4" pieces.
- Prepare 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 3 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp of poultry seasoning – divided.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Half and Half Dressing/Stuffing instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13" baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside. Your breads should be prepared ahead of time (see notes at end for helpful tips)..
- Place bread and cornbread in a very large bowl. Toss to combine. In a separate, small bowl beat eggs together with 1 tsp poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set both bowls aside..
- Melt butter in a large sautée pan over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Sweat veggies until crisp-tender, stirring often. About 10 minutes. Stir in 1 tsp poultry seasoning and dried parsley. Cook 1 minute more..
- When veggies are done add to bread in bowl. Add half of chicken broth and stir to combine until breads begin to moisten slightly..
- Add egg mixture and remaining chicken broth to bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine. The bread should be getting very mushy and breaking down. This is good, but do not over stir to a paste consistency..
- Let sit at room temp 10 minutes for excess broth to absorb into bread as much as possible. Stir once more to ensure all bread is moistened evenly. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Cover with aluminum foil, sealing edges tightly..
- Place in oven. Bake 90 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 20 minutes to crisp up the top. Let rest 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- To dry/toast bread in the oven. Preheat oven to 200°F. Spread bread out in an even layer on a foil lined baking sheet. To simply dry place in oven until bread is hard and crumbly, about 30-45 minutes. To toast leave in until golden brown..