Picadillo "ground beef" for tacos. Today I am making Mexican Style ground beef called picadillo, with homemade salsa and tortillas, to make tacos. I am making a larger quantity today for. How to make Picadillo, Mexican style ground beef.
If you plan on making tacos de picadillo chop the potatoes and carrots into smaller pieces. Ground beef and potatoes cooked in a tomato sauce is a dish known as picadillo sencillo, or carne molida con papas. All the ingredients are usually chopped before cooking. "Chopping" in Spanish is "picar" or "cortar", which is where the dish gets its name. You can cook Picadillo "ground beef" for tacos using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Picadillo "ground beef" for tacos
- Prepare 3 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cup of salsa.
- You need 1 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Picadillo is really an easy dish to prepare. A Well-Flavored Picadillo Recipe Picadillo, or Spiced Ground Meat, is a versatile favorite meal in so many Latin countries. Be the first to write a review! A delicious easy picadillo beef recipe, that uses Puerto Rican sofrito as its base seasoning and can be used as a filling for pastelillos and alcapurria.
Picadillo "ground beef" for tacos instructions
- Season beef with spices. Let marinate if possible. Put ground beef in a cold, large pot. Do not use oil. Ground beef makes it's own fat!.
- Drain oil. Deglaze pan with beef stock by scraping the fond off the bottom of the pot. When the brown bits are lifted off the bottom of the pot, return the beef to the pot..
- Reduce liquid until fully absorbed. Add salsa. Reduce until liquid is absorbed and you reach your desired consistency..
- Variations; Tequila, any different salsa you like, small diced bell peppers and hot peppers, shredded cheese, lime juice/zest, smoked paprika, cilantro, tomatillos, cinnamon (add before salsa).
- Also try tamarind, fresh tomatoes, sherry, sherry vinegar, zucchini, potatoes.
Picadillo is a traditional Latin American dish that is made using ground beef. However, ground turkey may be used instead if you are trying to stay away. Picadillo is a Mexican staple and its main ingredient is Ground beef. This traditional Mexican dish is very flexible as it can be served with beans, rice, corn or flour tortillas for tacos, tostadas, burritos… This classic Cuban ground beef dish is quick and easy, and is great over rice. It can also be used as a filling for tacos or empanadas.