Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos).
You can have Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos) using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos)
- You need of ● For The Garlic Pork Machaca.
- Prepare 1 (4 Pound) of Pork Loin, Shoulder Or Butt Roast.
- It’s 20 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- Prepare 3 of EX LG Jalapeños [stems removed but left whole].
- You need 1 of Medium Purple Onion [chopped + reserves].
- It’s 4 (14 oz) of Cans Beef Broth.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of Can Diced Red Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregeno.
- It’s 1 Cup of Mexican Beer [Modelo or Tecate].
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dried Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Salt.
- You need of ● For The Additions & Garnishments.
- Prepare of Your Favorite Red Salsa for serving.
- You need as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Cabbage [thin sliced].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Radishes [thin sliced].
- You need as needed of Purple Onions [minced].
- It’s as needed of Jalapeños [minced].
- You need as needed of Fresh Tomatoes [chopped].
- Prepare as needed of Lime Wedges.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Flour Tortillas [6"].
Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos) step by step
- Except for Additions & Garnishments – throw everybody in the pool! Simmer for 4 hours covered tightly. [believe it or not, there really is a 4 pound roast floating in that pot somewhere].
- At 2 hours in, carefully flip your roast over and peirce her with a knife a few times. You'll eventually want to see your smaller vegetables almost disintegrated and your pork soft and tender. In the end, you'll want your broth to boil down to a 1/3 of what it originally started out with. It should almost look like an Italian Marinara..
- Pull roast but reserve all of those delicious thick fluids left behind. You will need them..
- Pull roast from vegetable solids and allow it to cool on counter slightly. Then, hand or fork shread meat. You also have the option of rough chopping your meat. Remove Bay leaves and discard..
- With a potato smasher [or blender] smash or puree your soft leftover vegetable solids. Then, mix back in to your shreaded pork. [sorry. bad lighting on picture].
- Shreaded pork with pureed vegetable sauce..
- Serve pork hot [communal style] with warm flour tortillas, chilled garnishments and ice cold Mexican beer. Enjoy!.