Easy Indian Tacos. Indian tacos AKA Navajo tacos are like tacos but made with Indian frybread (AKA Navajo frybread) in place of the tortilla. They are drop-dead delicious. (And pretty much drop-dead unhealthy due to the. Top bread with taco meat and beans, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, olives, guacamole, hot sauces whatever you like.
Indian tacos—taco fillings wrapped in fresh, hot fry bread—are heartier and more satisfying than taco fillings served in taco shells. This is a truly special dish that is bound to become a family favorite! FLASHBACK: This was my fry bread a few days ago. You can have Easy Indian Tacos using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Indian Tacos
- You need 3 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 can of ranch style beans (large).
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of chopped lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of chopped tomato.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of sliced jalapeno.
- It’s 1 of sour cream.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable oil.
But imagine those glorious taco toppings on this beauty. This recipe for Indian Tacos with Curry Chicken combines an easy, homemade yellow curry sauce, with tender chicken spooned into Naan bread for a delicious meal! This Indian style easy fish tacos recipe has been on my mind for a while now. I think the perfect way to bring an Indian twist to the Mexican fish tacos is with my favorite Amritsari fish recipe.
Easy Indian Tacos step by step
- heat oil for deep frying bread, about 375°F.
- brown ground beef.
- mix milk and self rising flour until you make a medium consistency dough. add more milk or flour as needed..
- form dough into tennis sized balls and flatten into ovals about an inch thick onto floured surface. cut a 1.5 inch slit in the middle of them..
- mix browned beef with beans and simmer on medium heat..
- when oil is hot add fry bread and fry to golden brown on one side, then flip to other side until same color. remove and keep warm in oven covered with towel..
- when all bread is fried serve covered in meat and bean mixture with desired toppings..
- make extra fry bread and serve for desert covered in honey..
Gluten Free Indian Tacos are made with a homemade gluten free fry bread, perfect for all! If you want to skip the bread, try this Easy Taco Salad! I use Better Batter to make these. Tacos are usually made with big chunks of meat and a thick sauce, But for all those vegetarians out there I wanted to make Paneer Tacos with an Indian twist. Homemade Indian fry bread is loaded with a seasoned beef and bean taco filling and finished with Homemade Indian Fry Bread Tacos.