Meatloaf the old fashioned way. Combine oats, salt, pepper, and sage in a medium bowl. Add milk, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and onion, and stir until well blended. Again, an instant read thermometer is the most accurate way to determine internal temperature.
That's good, the meatloaf shrinks a bit as it bakes. Cover with more ketchup if desired. Meatloaf the old fashioned way Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. You can have Meatloaf the old fashioned way using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf the old fashioned way
- It’s 1/3 lb of – ground pork.
- You need 1/3 lb of – ground veal.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of – 93% ground beef.
- It’s 20 of – bacon flavored Ritz crackers.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of – diced yellow pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of – diced red pepper.
- You need 1/4 Cup of – diced onion.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of – ketchup.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of – Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of – yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of – salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of – pepper.
- You need 1/4 Tbsp of – celery salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of – onion salt.
Today, we're going to make a special dish, meatloaf the old fashioned way. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Meatloaf the old fashioned way instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crush the Ritz crackers.
- Mix all ingredients together, squeezing everything with your hands to ensure that all items are mixed together very well.
- Form the mixture into 2 loafs in a foil lined baking or casserole dish.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray and cover.
- Bake for 1 hr. I add slices of Velveeta cheese on top..
This old-fashioned meatloaf is baked with a topping of ketchup or barbecue sauce. Old Fashioned Meatloaf "The Best Ever" Super moist and delicious with a thick tomato meat sauce. This is absolutely the best and most surprising meatloaf recipe ever! Now I grew up in southeastern Ohio eating meatloaf, the traditional way, with ketchup slathered on top of a mostly dry loaf of meat. Get in the kitchen, pop on an apron, and prepare this easy-to-make meatloaf, which features Creole and Greek seasonings, garlic, and savory Worcestershire sauce.